Montrose Port Authority is a Trust Port, based in the North East of Scotland, governed by a Board of Trustees. The Port Authority is a leading support, logistics and service hub for the North Sea energy market and general cargo markets. It provides a range of marine and third party port services including pilotage, bunkering, craneage and stevedoring. It is also the largest chain handling port in Europe and growing.
Due to the Port’s proximity to the oil fields in the UK Continental shelf, there is a significant involvement with the oil and gas industry, with the remainder of the throughput and cargo volumes coming from industries including fertiliser, agri-bulks, forest products and steel.
With commercial revenues of over £5 million per annum, and directly employing over 30 FTE, the Port Authority indirectly sustains several hundred jobs through its supply chain and is a vital employer within the town of Montrose and surrounding areas.
MPA are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to support our operation in Montrose. This is a permanent position offering a highly competitive salary and excellent pension scheme and is a key role within our small, dynamic, friendly team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Purchase ledger processing
- Processing sales ledger and expenses
- Credit control
- Posting bank transactions and carrying out bank reconciliations
- Daily use of SAGE and Excel
- Supporting payroll process
- Involvement in month end close processes
- Resolving general finance and accounting queries
- Assisting with other general administration duties when required for the wider support team
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player ability
- Customer focus and willingness to learn
In return you will be supported with the opportunity to develop your finance skills and qualifications.
An understanding of the shipping trade with experience in Oil & Gas and Port Operations would be preferential but not essential.
Applications should be made in writing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a CV, covering letter stating why you believe you are a suitable candidate, and attaching your current salary.
The Closing Date is Monday 31st January 2022.