Montrose Port Authority are looking to recruit a Trainee Administrator to support their team. This is a permanent, full time trainee position, offering a highly competitive salary and excellent pension scheme, which would suit a school leaver and is a key role within our small, dynamic and friendly team.
Role: Trainee Administrator
Reports to: Commercial & Business Manager
Location: The job holder is based at Harbour Office, South Quay, Ferryden, Montrose DD10 9SL
The role is to provide administration support across a number of departments including finance and commercial.
- First point of contact for staff, clients and visitors.
- Direct all enquiries and calls from a busy switchboard.
- Dealing with email enquiries.
- Set up and prepare meeting venues, manage bookings and order catering.
- Support and complete daily finance tasks such as invoices, purchase orders, statements and reconciliations.
- Undertake a range of general reception administrative duties.
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained and updated.
- Order and maintain office stationery.
- Manage outgoing and incoming mail.
- Assist management team with administration and back-up support as required.
With a strong desire to learn general administration duties, candidates will also be trained in customer service, telephone, finance, communication and people skills.
Essentially candidates must have strong IT skills and a desire to work in a busy office environment, developing confidence in a wide range of office administrative tasks.
Opportunity will be offered to achieve relevant qualifications to support on-the-job-training.
Salary Band: Depending on skills and experience.
Hours: 35.00 hours per week, typically 9am-5pm with one hour unpaid break; however ,flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the business.
Holidays: 28 days holiday
Pension: LGPS Contributory Pension Scheme.
Closing date: Thursday 30th June 2022
Applications should be sent to email@example.com enclosing a CV, covering letter stating why you believe you are a suitable candidate, and salary expectations.