Montrose Port Authority are looking for a new receptionist to join our team.
Provide a professional Receptionist service as first point of contact for clients, visitors and contractors to the Port Authority.
Meet and greet a wide range of clients and visitors issuing security passes, directing enquiries and calls from a busy switchboard and being the public face of Montrose Port Authority.
Set up and prepare meeting venues, manage bookings and order catering.
Assist internal departments with administration and back-up support in all office systems and processes including database input and updates.
With a strong history in administration, candidates must have first class customer service skills, excellent telephone manner, and outstanding communication and people skills.
Essentially all candidates must have experience working in a busy reception area and strong computer and keyboard skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
The Individual should have experience of:
- working in a busy office environment using relevant technology and equipment e.g. photocopier, E-mail, Intra/Internet
- Clerical/ typing and word processing, inputting of and updating data
- Experience in packages including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Reception and administration responsibilities
- The individual must be able to demonstrate:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organisational skills with an ability to prioritise work
- Self-confident and self-motivated
- Ability to record information accurately
- Ability to use own initiative, work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to relate well with all levels of staff
- Willingness accept direction/delegation and on the job training and development
- Appreciation, acceptance and commitment to the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to work in an open plan office
- Must be able to work flexibly to meet the needs and demands of the Port
Salary Band: £17,000–20,000 depending on experience
35.00 hours per week, 9.00am to 5.00pm with one hour for lunch
28 days holiday
LGPS Contributory Pension Scheme
Proposed interview date – 10th March 2020
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to Gillianr@montroseport.co.uk. For further information about this role contact 01674 672 302.
Closing date – Friday 6th March 2020