We have developed a Marine Safety Management System and Safety Plan based on formal risk assessments, demonstrating our commitment and ensuring the safety of all key stakeholders, the wider public and the environment. The management system is subjected to regular internal and external audits as part of a programme of continuous improvement and we are compliant with the Port Marine Safety Code.
We offer efficient pilotage through our in-house pilots, line handling team and Port Control operation.
Port Control is manned on a 24-hour basis, with VHF watch maintained on Channel 12.
Contact Port Control
You can telephone Port Control on 01674 679916.
Alternative contact information can be found on our General Enquiries page.
Vessels are advised to remain 1.5 nautical miles east east of the outer red buoy at port entrance and await further instructions from the pilot and Port Control.
You will then be advised on berthing and anchorage as required.
How we help:
We offer an efficient service and fast turnaround minimising the cost to customers and can offer the following services:
- Pre- arrival planning for your port call
- Piloting into port
- Docking and undocking
- Cargo handling and freight forwarding
- Departure arrangements
Our friendly and flexible team are here to help you every step of the way.
Meet our Marine Team
Dep. Harbour Master
- Largest Chain and Anchor port in Europe
- Close proximity to North Sea oil rigs and the largest offshore wind farm in Scotland
- Economical harbourside leasing opportunities
- Onsite stevedoring available 24/7
- Trust Port infrastructure
- Accessible road & rail network
- Close proximity to Baker Hughes Centre of Excellence, Crown Estate Scotland’s future ZeroFour site and other key industry players
- Agility and speed of turnaround
- Affordable layover costs
- Sheltered Harbour
- Experience of team and local network
- £22 million invested since 2011 in quayside developments
The project is called Plug Montrose and is a 50/50 joint venture set up between Montrose Port Authority and Plug Shore Power Ltd where an electricity supply is given to vessels at berth, allowing them to switch off their engines and reduce emissions.
Pictured above are Maria Bos, CEO of Plug Shore Power Ltd and Tom Hutchison, CEO of Montrose Port Authority
More from the port
View and apply for career opportunities at Montrose Port Authority and across of maritime network.
We work with a number of third-party organisations to keep our customers moving and the port running efficiently. Learn more about what we offer for our customers at the Port.