Shipping & Logistics
As an integral part of the supply chain, Montrose is a trusted partner of many companies across Scotland and beyond. Our supply chain expertise and adaptability helps our customers not only trade internationally but to also consolidate operations, increasing their flexibility, productivity and capacity – saving them both time and money.
A wide range of cargo passes through Montrose Port and is handled by our experienced stevedores. We have the ability to handle almost all cargo types and currently have a thriving trade in forest products, dry bulk, agribulk, bread bulk as well as unitised and offshore oil materials.
Onsite services at the port:
Onsite stevedoring at Montrose Port Authority has been provided for several decades by our trusted partners, Rix Shipping (Scotland) Ltd and Whyte Cargo Handlers Ltd who operate material handlers, mobile cranes and FLTs.
Our stevedores ensure vessels are turned around with our trademark flexibility and efficiency, on a 24/7 basis. Customers can also use any company they choose to suit their individual needs.
- Largest Chain and Anchor port in Europe
- Close proximity to North Sea offshore energy industry
- Economical harbour side leasing opportunities
- Onsite stevedoring available 24/7
- Bulk and break-bulk stevedoring available
- Trust Port infrastructure
- Marlin™ SmartPort software
- Accessible road & rail network
- Close proximity to Baker Hughes Centre of Excellence, Crown Estate Scotland’s future ZeroFour site and other key industry players
- Agility and speed of turnaround
- Affordable layover costs
- Sheltered Harbour
- Experience of team and local network
- Flexibility to utilise your own choice of support service
The project is called Plug Montrose and is a 50/50 joint venture set up between Montrose Port Authority and Plug Shore Power Ltd where an electricity supply is given to vessels at berth, allowing them to switch off their engines and reduce emissions.
Pictured above are Maria Bos, CEO of Plug Shore Power Ltd and Tom Hutchison, CEO of Montrose Port Authority