Marine – Health & Safety
We have developed a Marine Safety Management System and Safety Plan based on formal risk assessments, demonstrating our commitment and ensuring the safety of all key stakeholders, the wider public and the environment. The management system is subjected to regular internal and external audits as part of a programme of continuous improvement and we are compliant with the Port Marine Safety Code.
Meet our Marine Team
Dep. Harbour Master
Health & Safety Policies
- Largest Chain and Anchor port in Europe
- Close proximity to North Sea oil rigs and the largest offshore wind farm in Scotland
- Economical harbourside leasing opportunities
- Onsite stevedoring available 24/7
- Trust Port infrastructure
- Accessible road & rail network
- Close proximity to Baker Hughes Centre of Excellence, Crown Estate Scotland’s future ZeroFour site and other key industry players
- Agility and speed of turnaround
- Affordable layover costs
- Sheltered Harbour
- Experience of team and local network
- £22 million invested since 2011 in quayside developments
The project is called Plug Montrose and is a 50/50 joint venture set up between Montrose Port Authority and Plug Shore Power Ltd where an electricity supply is given to vessels at berth, allowing them to switch off their engines and reduce emissions.
Pictured above are Maria Bos, CEO of Plug Shore Power Ltd and Tom Hutchison, CEO of Montrose Port Authority
More from the port
View and apply for career opportunities at Montrose Port Authority and across of maritime network.
We work with a number of third-party organisations to keep our customers moving and the port running efficiently. Learn more about what we offer for our customers at the Port.